The NFL was kind of weird again this week and it was another anemic week for the contributors. Some performances were worse than others but we are all happy about one thing. The Titans beat down there Rams and are in 1st place in the AFC. Well, maybe not all of us. Ben has been oddly quiet in the group chats recently, stupid Colts fan. Let’s see if anyone else has anything to specifically be happy or sad about.
- Zach and Jimmy for rolling Brown over the suddenly quiet Bengals.
- The CEO, Michael G Jimmy (again) and yours truly for trusting the great Art Smith to take out the Aints.
- And to the 5 of our pickers that stuck with the Titans last week. Congrats Zach, Mike H, Justin G, Michael G and Wes.
- The rest of the group is having major regrets for not banking on the Titans to travel across the country and dominate Stafford and company.
- The entire group for not picking in the Jags. “A popular pick as of late, taking the Bills over the Jaguars. Let’s see if the Manning Cast jinx can stay away from Josh Allen in this one.” We should have known.
- What the hell Cowboys? The Broncos were the better team and we all look foolish for trusting America’s team.
Thoughts on this Week
- Austin Nelson – “My run to the top starts this week. Don’t let me down, Cleveland.”
- Robert Greenlaw – “As it should be, it’s Ryan and I at the top of the standings. Early bird gets the worm proves true as we are the first two to get our picks in on a weekly basis.”
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- We are all in on the Ravens and guaranteed victory over the Fins with Jacoby Brissett. Although he might be a better option than Tua (who can’t stay healthy) at this point.
- Hometown Titans big over the Saints. We are all in, even the Colts fan.
- Tompa Bay seems to be the popular choice over the Washington Washingtons.
- The Titans may be on top of the AFC but the team that handed them the Week 1 loss is on top of the NFC and is once again the popular choice over the Panthers. Cam is back so surely the Panthers will have it all figured out though, right?
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Justin G and Michael G, the Gmen are on the Falcons over the Cowboys this week. Why couldn’t this have been a NY Giants game so my joke could have worked….
- Michael making his 2nd appearance on this list taking the Jags over the Colts. Personally I hope both teams find a way to lose. I don’t mean tie. Find some weird old rule that allows both to take a loss. Please.
- Michael thrice is joined by his cohost on Football and other Words (brought to you by Broadway Sports Media) by picking the Jets over the suddenly floundering Bills. No not Mike, the other one.
- Justin G taking the Lions and their spectacular one two punch of cast of Titans at WR over the Steelers.
- Chris is taking the 49ers over the Rams. To be fair, this was before the buzz of OBJ joining the Rams. Not saying he will play but that is a team that is now excited and now looking to rebound after getting crushed. I just wanted to toot the Titans horn one more time.
- Closest picks to a coin flip this week was the New England hosting the Browns (10-7 Pats) Kansas City at the Raiders (10-7 Chiefs) and the Chargers hosting the Vikings (10-7 Chargers).
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
As Robert eluded to earlier, we not only get our picks in early, we set the golden standard for the week. Incoming 0 – 14 week. I am having too much success for it now to come crashing down soon. Hopefully I do not drag Bert down with me.
There is still a lot of time for people to make a come back. I would say that anyone over the 84 mark is still in the running. Never wrong Zach is doing better but he has a long way to go. I am not pulling for Davey to pull out of last place and catch anyone.
Join us next week to see if the anyone can creep into the double digit win column again or if we are just destined for C level effort. Tune in next week to find out!
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!