I give up. Honestly I do. I can not figure out what is up and what is down in the NFL. I think this is the worst three week stretch in Broadway Pick’em history. There was not a single “expert” that finished with double digit wins. Let’s hope that someone can break on through this week and crack the code to this crazy train called the NFL.
Seriously though, this might be the week that the Detroit Lions finally break through with an actual win. The Jags get their second win on the season. Wait, they have their second win? Ok, then who could possibly get their second win this week? The Texans…wait…no. No. That does not tickle my fancy. But a fantastic video from @titansfilmroom does!
- Chris Ivey gets the lone nod for being the only contributor to remember that the Titans broke the Rams last week. He correctly predicted that the 49ers would smash the Rams in primetime for second week.
- Ok one more, a special thank you to the Tennessee Tickle Monster supporters. It has been a fun week, and that is all this nickname is for. Fun. It is not suppose to make sense, it is suppose to grab a chuckle and a smile. Thank you for being happy and being reasonable. Tickle Up!
- The entire group for taking the Ravens to the bank and trying to cash in on a unanimous prediction. How were we suppose to know that Tua would replace Jacoby and look better than he had?
- COME ON TOMPA, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU. All the talking heads said you and every other NFC team were light years ahead of the Titans.
- Are the Cardinals the Cardinals that beat the Titans or are they the flaming pile of dung that loses to the Panthers that are now down to their new old but new again QB? Who knows….
- Michael G for trusting the Jags. To be fair, it looked like he might be right for about 3 quarters.
- Justin G and Michael G (squared) for believing the Jets would fly high vs the Bills.
Thoughts on this Week
- No blurbs this week.
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The Patriots are red hot and we are all in on them massaging a comfortable win over the Falcons.
- Hometown Titans big over the Texans. We are all in, even the Colts fan. No this was not copied from last week and the team changed from Saints to Texans.
- Tompa Bay seems to be the popular choice over the New York Football Giants. No this was not copied from last week and the team changed from Washington to the Giants.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Retired Mike is joined by Wes taking Da Bears over the Ravens. Lamar might be out so who knows?
- I know I have only using three as my metric but I have a feeling about Detroit this week over the Browns. The hot steaming pile of Browns. Joining me in my gut feeling is Michael G, Wes and Davey.
- Retired Mike once again finds himself going against the grain but taking the Jaguars over the suddenly NFL looking 49ers. He is joined by his former cohost Zach and also Davey again.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Ole Bert caught me this week as we both sit at the top with 96 wins each. I promised him last week I would not just copy his picks to secure the win. It bit me last week, but did I learn? Nope, I still might end up with only 5 correct picks.
There are still 8 others with in striking distance and anything can happen in this crazy NFL landscape. The race I am most interested in is the race for last. Davey had another positive week and is slowly creeping up with Zach. Zach has not missed a week, Davey has missed two. Jimmy and Michael G are not far ahead of Zach so anything can happen. I will be feverishly watching the standings and I hope you are too.
Have a great weekend, be safe out there. Tickle Tickle.
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!