Week 16 it here, it kicks off with the Titans and whatever offensive line they can muster. This has all the ingredients for one of those classic “Titans win when they have absolutely no business doing so” games. Not sure if that is enough to sway the Broadway Pros to pick the 49ers unanimously or not.
Things are getting tight in the race for 1st place. There is a new contender at the top as Greenlaw and I faltered last week. Ben Wright is taking us all to school. Can we keep pace with him? Will anyone else make a late season run for the title? Lets dive in!
- Ben, Davey and Chris for being smarter than the rest of us for knowing that the Titans would have 4 turnovers vs the Steelers but dominate almost every other aspect of the game and still lose the game. Bravo gentlemen.
- Davey for picking the Lions over the Cardinals. He seriously made that pick all by himself.
- Gravedigger and Davey again for calling the beat down in Tompa Bay that the Bucs received from the Saints. All the Saints needed to do was take out a few of Tom’s favorite weapons and they turned him into Ryan Tannehill. Go figure.
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- Unanimous picks are back in full force this week. The group is all in on the Packers rolling over the Browns, the Eagles over the little Giants, the Chargers over the hapless Texans and the Cowboys over the Washington No Names.
Thoughts on this Week
- Andy Simmons – “I started Sony Michel and won. I know everyone cares, That’s not my blurb, It’s just a statement”
How’s bragging camp going?
- Andy Simmons a second time – “I don’t trust the Titans banged up line against Nick Bosa and company. There’s your blurb.”
And this was before even more Offensive Linemen were out for the Titans…
- Robert Greenlaw – “How is Ben winning”
Well, two almost perfect weeks sandwiching back to back 11 win weeks will do that for ya. Plus we suck at picking NFL games Greenlaw.
- Ben Wright – “How the hell am I leading? Does this give my Colts takes more weight?”
No, no it does not. You filthy animal.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Davey is normally the lone ranger when it comes to bucking trends, but this week it is Mr. Zach Lyons as the lone bucker. Zach is taking the Panthers over Tompa Bay and Da Bears over the Seahawks.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.