Happy New Year!!! Your reward is this pick’em article. Things are coming down to the wire for playoff teams and pickers alike.
Hopefully no one was hungover when they made their picks this week. I might be still hungover as it has taken me three extra days to write the article this week. I also might have been distracted by all of the bowl games I opted in to watch.
Rest In Peace John Madden, Dan Reeves and Betty White. 2021 just had to get one last shot in on the way out.
Lets take a closer look at the picks and blurbs this week!
- Zach picked Da Bears last week over the Seahawks. This was a shock to everyone in the group chats, it even ignited a 7 hour argument about why Seattle sucks right now. The argument ended with moisture/rain facts from your truly. I won’t go into details but someone called somebody a ninny-poo-poo-head, or something. Congrats Zach but next time don’t tear the group apart with your gloating.
- I think the majority of the group is regretting trusting the Cardinals to take out the Colts. Talk about a team that is falling apart at the wrong time. Looks like the Titans are going to have to take care of the South themselves.
Let’s take a look at how the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The group is in agreement on the Bills over the Falcons, the Patriots over the Jaguars, the Bucs over the Jets, the Rams over the Ravens and who ever is at QB for the Rat Birds, the 49ers over the Texans and the Saints over the Panthers.
Thoughts on this Week
- Wes – “Titans have a chance for back-to-back AFC South Chanpionships. Last time that happened was 1960, 61 & 62 seasons. Crazy it’s been that long!” – One can only hope Wes. If they don’t, I am sending this to Rob Greenlaw’s Terrible Twitter Takes.
- Andy – “Fantasy football sucks is my blurb” – Yes, yes it does.
- Johnathan CEO – “Done dad! Stop yelling at me.” – Well, do your picks and I won’t have to hound you. lol
- Ben – “Ehlinger will be 1-0 after sunday.” – There is still a slight chance he plays, Wentz was cleared today to play but I hope this is wrong for multiple reasons.
- Ryan – “Congrats on getting engaged @Easton Freeze, do your picks.” – I am not totally heartless, I said congrats.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Starting off with a bang here, Chris Ivey is all about the Phins over the Titans. It is going to be a cold sloppy day and I hope Chris has to sit outside in this weather.
- Lebowski and Chris are taking the Giants over the Bears. I don’t blame them here. The Bears and Giants have been a mess. It would not shock me if either team found a way to back into a win.
- Zach is naming Washington over the Eagles.
- Zach again is joined by Justin G this time taking the Broncos over the Chargers.
- Wes, Easton and Jommy are all betting the Cardinals turn it around this week and can somehow look like a dominate football team vs the Cowboys.
- The CEO, Justin G (again) and Easton Freeze are all on the Vikings over the Packers.
- And finally, Justin M and Jommy (again) are taking the Steelers over the Browns. Good luck boys.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
There are only two weeks left in the Broadway Pick’em regular season. It looks like race for the top spot is down to Superhorn, Greenlaw, Ben Wright and myself. The CEO is the next closest but it will take a miracle for him to over take the top spot. This will more than likely come down to the last week as long as there are no major meltdowns.
Austin and Easton were the big pickers in week 15, finishing with 12 correct picks each. Michael G. was in last place for the week finishing with 7 correct picks. It looks like a lock now that Zach is going to finish in last place among those that are currently or have ever been involved in the Fwords Pod. Zach is right about so much, it is only fair that he sucks at pick’em this year.
Come back next week and hopefully the path to number 1 will become clear.