Oh boy, that was a rough week. For some of us anyway. Of course I am talking mainly of the many, many Titans fans that tune in regularly. Losing to the Jets really makes all other football-related activities seem small. Fortunately for Titans fans and the Broadway contributors, there is more football to consume and form opinions from.
There are pickers that are starting to separate from the pack (unlike the Titans this weekend – sorry, I am still not over it) and others that are struggling to even make their picks each week. Let’s take a look at the thoughts about last week and then dive into this week’s picks.
- Mike Herndon feels slightly taller this week (if that is possible, he is already a giant) thanks to being the lone picker taking the Giants over the Aints. Picks like that are what get you out of the cellar in the standings.
- Welp, the Titans. That’s it, that’s the regret. They lost to the f’ing Jets.
- We also all look ridiculous as our other unanimous pick failed thanks to the Cardinals defeating the Rams convincingly.
- James and Taylor for not bothering to make their picks this week.
Thoughts on this Week
- Austin – “I’m going across the pond for this pick. I think the bloody Falcons whoop up on the measly Jets in the race for the #1 pick. Loser buys the winner a drink at the pub.”
- Easton – “Just made my picks… feel super gross. This week is SO CHALKY.”
- Justin G – “Get ready for a shift in the landscape this week. With four games in the books, it’s about that time of year where we think we know everything, so of course that’s all about to change. My advice for Week 5: Expect the unexpected.”
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- No unanimous picks this week thanks in large part to Davey, who will get his own personal space in the against-the- grain section.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Davey is a tad behind in the standings and my best guess is he is going against the majority in all of his picks to try to make up ground. He is the only picker taking the Lions over the Vikings, the Dolphins over Tompa, the Jags over the Titans (he might be onto something here), the Texans over the Patriots, and the Giants over the Cowboys.
- Justin G and Wes join Davey hoping that the Bengals won’t bungle the game vs the Packers.
- Jimmy and Mike “Too Tall” – and Davey again – are all flying high with the Eagles over the Panthers.
- Justin G and Mike once again join Davey in this section, this time hoping the revamped Bears will be able to be high rollers in Vegas by defeating the Raiders.
- Like I said, lots of Davey all over this section……
- The group got close with the Falcons vs Jets in the London showdown 9-8 (despite Austin’s overwhelming confidence in Atlanta), the Broncos vs Steelers 10-7, Washington vs the Saints 9-8 and the Chiefs vs the Bills 9-8.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Justin M, the CEO Johnathan and Austin all came out on top last week getting 12 correct picks. Ben was right on their heels with 11 correct picks. Mike is out of the cellar and is on the way up the beanstalk by also getting 11 correct. He was not kidding when he predicting is growth week to week. Taylor, James and Bill all joined the double digit club with 10 winners this week.
Too bad that success will not help James and Taylor this week as once again, they did not make any picks. Hard to gain any ground this way. The rest of us hovered around 8 or 9 picks with Robert bringing home the “At Least You Tried” prize getting only 7 correct.
Justin M, James and the CEO currently sit at the top of the pack. Davey is looking to rebound, but two straight weeks of no picks will be hard to overcome. Jimmy is trying to overcome not making picks the first week but is still next to last. Zach gets the award this week for being the worst picker that has not missed a week and has glasses. Or something. The rest of us are in the middle fighting it out for mediocrity.
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!