Week 6 is upon us and the games are fast and furious. Some pickers have rebounded by making sound decisions. Mike is on fire and continues to improve while others are fading to the back of the pack. Good thing we aren’t playing a Broadway version of Squid Game.
We will cover some bad news here in a bit but first lets take a look at what everyone had to say about the picks.
- Mike – “6-9-10-11-13… 14??? ” (Mike is on fire folks, he is calling an undefeated week)
- Greenlaw – “After a bad week in Week 4, I rebounded nicely and will continue my ascent up to the top of the leaderboard. Looking at minimum 11 win weeks from here on out.”
- Mike, Jimmy and Davey for picking Philly Philly over the Panthers.
- Mike again, Justin and Davey again for picking Da Bears over the Raiders.
- James once did not enter any picks this week, in fact he out right refused.
Thoughts on this Week
- Austin – “I don’t know why I think the Jaguars can win a game, but if there is any game I think they have a chance to, it’s this one. Prove me right, Urban.” (Thumbs down)
- Taylor – “James is an idiot.” (More on this later)
- Lebowski – “This is a conspiracy and those at the highest echelons are involved.” (He went 11-5, so idk)
- Zach – “I will come back from the depths of Hell brandishing the hooves of the Great Demon Prince, Orobas, around my neck as a badge of honor. I will then proceed to lay waste to thine enemies and use their hopelessness and shattered dreams as fuel for battle. The endgame is nigh, may you endure sleepless nights and dread-filled days for you shall not know when I strike, only that I will. Go Titans.” (…….)
- Lebowski – “They wanted blurbs. THEY GET BLURBS!” (Right after reading Zach’s submission)
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- Confidence is high among the group as everyone is betting the Rams knock the Giants off on the road.
- The Chiefs are trending in the wrong direction but the contributors think they will rebound vs Washington this week.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Mike is calling the perfect week, but started out by picking the Eagles over Tompa. I will copy all of Mike’s picks the rest of the year if he goes 14-0 this week.
- Justin G and Easton are hoping the Bears will not pack it in vs the Packers.
- Zach, Ben and Chris are taking Ls, I mean the Lions over the Bengals.
- Justin G is taking the Texans over the Colts. Honestly, who knows.
- Ben is joined by Chris again taking Mac and the Pats over the Boys.
- We finally have a coin flip this week, the group is evenly split in the Cardinals vs Browns game 9 – 9.
- The next closest is the Broncos vs the Raiders 10 – 8.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Alluded to this earlier but James has dropped out of the race after missing one week. I will leave him here for now just in case he changes his mind. Sorry for any of you degenerates out there that were betting on him to win it all after his early lead.
13 was the lucky number for Mike as he takes home the top spot last week. Austin, Greenlaw, Jimmy, Andy and your host with the most all scored 12 correct picks. Lots of other finished with 11 or 10 picks as it was a chalky week as Easton predicted. Chris takes home the least picks from someone who actually made their picks and is not named Davey, finishing with 8.
Justin M is still out in front with the CEO, Austin and Bill all nipping at his heels. Green, Graver and myself are right on the doorstep though. Look out top pickers, look out. James falls below Zach but the fire and brimstone picker is still in last place of the people who have not missed a week of picks.
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!