Welcome back. Thank you for making this your one and only Pick ‘Em stop. The only NFL picks that matter come from the Broadway contributors. The race is getting tighter for top picker and a hot streak ended. Let’s take a look at this weeks picks and see if anyone has anything to apologize for.
- Anyone who picked the Jags last week. I was not one of them.
- The Titans faithful – The ones that had faith in the Titans last week. Wasn’t my shameful self.
- A few pickers are dropping out this week because they can not catch up. No reason to try or contribute anymore.
- Mike for his first stumble since his hot streak began. He crashed down to earth a bit last week by ONLY getting 10 correct…..
Thoughts on this Week
- Austin – “Something tells me that the 49ers aren’t losing on Sunday Night Football at home. I just have a feeling.”
- Easton – “I picked against the Titans last week, because I thought they were more likely to lose than to win. They won, and I was promptly mocked by all my Titans-fan friends for having so little faith.This week, I think they’re more likely to lose than to win again. But I’m picking the Titans, because why not. But if I get burned on this pick again, I might just refrain from picking Titans games the rest of the season.”
- Andy – “I’m taking Broncos ML tonight because I hate myself and Cleveland’s whole team is in the infirmary.”
- Zach – “I refuse to submit a blurb this week due to past actions of the editor.” Sorry.
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The Rams are the unanimous decision as they should easily tame the Lions
- The Cardinals winning is not the issue this week, how many times JJ Watt stares into the camera this week vs his old team the Texans.
- Tompa Bay will keep things rolling over the Bears and what ever the hell they are doing on offense.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Zach is hoping that Aaron Rodgers does not own the Washington Football Team, even though owner ship does need to change for that team.
- Zach again betting that the Jets will roll into New England and demolish the Pats.
- Justin G is taking the G men over the crowd favorite Carolina Panthers.
- Bill and Jimmy are hoping to see a Philly Special in Vegas.
- One true coin flip this week as the group is split on the Colts at the 49ers.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
James and Taylor are both out, they will be scrubbed from the pick’em history. There was a change up top this week as Bill comes screaming up the board to tie Justin M at 64 correct picks each. Leading the pack with 12 correct picks helped set Bill apart from the rest of the week 6 pickers.
Taylor, Jimmy and Davey all came in second with 11 picks each. They were able to catch up but as stated earlier, Taylor is throwing in the towel.
Ben, Easton and Chris all take home last place in pics finishing with 7 each. Weeks like that are going to get Zach off of the bottom of the pile for pickers who have not missed a week.
Stick with us (unlike some of the pickers) as this should be an exciting run for the rest of the season.
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!