Hi Ho, Hi Ho it’s off to week 8 we go. Looking around the NFL, there are a few teams that have a real chance to take a strangle hold on their divisions. It is quite the different story for the contributors of the Broadway Pick’Em. The standings are starting to get top heavy but any misstep could spell doom for an individual. Hey, at least the ones still in it are still making their picks every week, unlike two that shall not be named. Let’s take a look at this weeks picks before we dive into the standings.
- Justin G – For having the guts to stick with the G–men by taking the Giants over the Panthers. He is a real Giant among us.
- The Broadway group for unanimously getting the Rams, Cardinals and Bucs picks correct. I think that is the first time we have gone 3 for 3 on unanimous picks….on a Thursday before Halloween and without looking to confirm at all.
- Rob and his feelings that the 49ers would do the Titans a favor and take care of the Colts at home. What a messy game that was for multiple reasons.
- Mike H continues to struggle with retirement (despite what his twitter activity would suggest) and has started to trend in the opposite direction with his correct guesses.
- Zach for thinking anything good is coming out of Washington anytime soon with that football team.
Thoughts on this Week
- Rob– “I just have a So far so good for the comeback train. Here’s to more weeks of triumph for me.”
- Wes – “Titans will lock up the AFC South before the trade deadline.” Wouldn’t that be nice….
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The Bills are the favorites this week to drown the Dolphins up in Buffalo
- The Bengals and their high flying offense dropping bombs on the grounded Jets
- The Rams over the Texans in a shootout, but the Texans have run out of bullets
- And the group does not think the Saints have a prayer over the Tompa Bay Buccaneers
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Two of your A list Broadway personalities, Michael G and Chris Ivey, have no faith in the Titans and their ability to take out the Colts. Joining them is some weirdo named Ben. F the Colts.
- That Ben guy is joined this time by Retired Mike feeling the Patriotic Pats over the Flying Herberts of L.A.
- Michael G is hoping to strike a Giant win by Siding with New York over KC.
- And I think we are all hoping the Bye week can defeat he Ravens but that might be asking too much….
- The group is almost evenly split between the Seahawks and the Jaguars. The Seahawks have not looked good lately and the Jags are just not good. I understand the split here. Sehawks 9-8.
- Another tough one to get a pulse on is Washington at the Broncos. The group favors Washington 9-8.
- Last but also least is the Steelers @ the Browns. Two teams dealing with some injuries and maybe a little to full of themselves anyway. Looking at you Browns fans and all of your dumb Chubb propaganda. Maybe there is a way that both teams can lose?
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
We only have winners left picking. This is just a fun article and activity we get to do. I appreciate the group coming back week after week and contributing. Giving up is never the answer and you never know when we might see the elusive perfect week.
Speaking of perfect, I was literally one pick away from being perfect last week. ONE. Thanks a lot Carolina. That pick got most of us outside of Gravedigger but it just goes to show how the NFL can surprise you week to week.
The race is still tight at the top as only four picks separate the top seven spots. Yours truly has pulled even at the top thanks to my nearly flawless week. I have of course set myself up for complete failure this week with all of this bragging. Going 12-1 in any week is something to be proud of, so give me a break. Melo is still proving to be a strong picker by remaining at the top and the CEO and Greenlaw are right on our heels. Should be a tense few weeks coming up.
Bill and Zach tie for lowest output of the week with seven correct picks. Zach is capable of turning this around but right now he sits at the bottom of the list, right next to people who have missed at least one week during the season. Plenty of time to turn it around and see more risers and fallers. Should be a fun contest to monitor. Have a good week you wonderful people you.
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!