Woof. Not the best week for the Broadway group in the Week 8 Pick’Em results. There was not a single contributor that finished with double digit wins. Some performed better than others but overall this was not a great week. Let’s take a look at the Week 9 picks and hope that we all fair better this time around.
- Retired Mike and Ben – For picking the Patriots over the Chargers. In a not so great week, these two were able to pick a diamond in the rough.
- The Broadway group deserves no further victory laps after last week
- The entire group for taking Tompa Bay over the Saints….without Jameis Lanaed Winston for a most of the game.
Thoughts on this Week
- No blurbs this week from the group. I can’t say that I blame them with last weeks performance.
Let’s take a look at how the rest of the picks this week shake out…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The Dallas Cowboys and whoever is at QB this week over the Denver Broncos.
- No jokes here, but the group is taking the Las Vegas Raiders over the Giants.
- The group is hoping the Chargers can bounce back this week and clip the Eagles wings.
- A popular pick as of late, taking the Bills over the Jaguars. Let’s see if the Manning Cast jinx can stay away from Josh Allen in this one.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
For my sanity, I am going to clarify what constitutes against the grain, until I change my mind. Three contributors or less picking a team will be considered against the grain, at least until I need more to fill in the gaps…
- Zach, Michael G and Wes are taking the high flying Jets over the horrible very bad Colts. I am actually pulling for you guys to be right on this one.
- Zach for the second time (and not the last) is joined by Jommy rolling Brown over the Bengals.
- Michael G and the CEO are taking the Texans in an NFL game. K.
- Jommy again on the list as he hopes the Panthers can claw out a victory over the resurgent Patriots.
- Zach for a third time hoping that the Vikings can invade M&T Bank Stadium and conquer the Ravens.
- The CEO and Wes make their second appearance on the list taking Da Bears over the Steelers.
- Closest pick to a coin flip this week was the Chiefs vs the Packers with the group leaning towards the Chiefs 10 – 7.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
For the first time in the history of this article, yours truly is in first place. I am sure it will be a short stint at the top but this is a spot I never thought I would be in. Justin M, the CEO, Greenlaw and Bill are hot on my heels so I can not afford an off week.
After weeks of being a punching bag, Zach has moved off of last place among pickers that have not missed a week. Chris Ivey is now tied with Jommy who missed the first week but has been on a semi roll since then. Davey is still showing up and I honestly appreciate him for it. I am pulling for him to over take someone, anyone before the end of the season.
Join us next week to see if the group can perform at a level equal to our NFL knowledge. Or maybe last week was telling. Tune in next week to find out!
Tune in next week to see the results, and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!