It’s that time of year again. The moment that everyone in the nation has been waiting for. That’s right, it’s time for the Broadway NFL Pick ‘Em! Or the start of the NFL regular season, whatever floats your boat.
Before we get to Week 1, I want to once again congratulate The Law himself on a fantastic Pick ‘Em season last year. Robert Greenlaw really paced the rest of the pack and led almost wire to wire. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat or if some of the newcomers can take over as the Pick ‘Em czar.
This first week is always interesting as there usually tends to be surprises in the NFL. Contenders can turn into pretenders on any given Sunday. Let’s take a look at the Week 1 picks and see who can start the year off on the right foot (unlike the Colts).
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- The homer Broadway pickers picked the Titans over the visiting Cardinals, even the lone Colts fan among us.
- No faith found for the Windy City as everyone is taking the Rams over Da Bears.
The against-the-grain picks this week:
- Zach “Never Wrong” Lyons with a rare appearance on this list. He starts out as the lone Cowboy, wrongly taking the boys over the Bucs.
- Zach is joined by recently semi-retired Mike Herndon and Chris Ivey rolling with the Browns over the Chiefs.
- James Esparza is betting that Big Ben is finally taking his football health seriously, favoring the Steelers over the Bills.
- Michael Gilliam is all alone with his belief that the Dumpster Fire Lions are going to be able to knock off the 49ers.
- Normally smart and hard-working Justin Melo is taking the Colts over the Seahawks. He is joined by noted Colts superfan Ben Wright (at least that one tracks).
- AARP Mike is back at it again, following along with Justin Graver in taking the J E T S over the revamped and dangerous Panthers.
- Micheal G makes his second appearance here taking the Giants over the Broncos. He is joined by the CEO Johnathan Boren and Austin Nelson.
We don’t have any official coin flips this week. The closest games are the Dolphins vs the Patriots (10-8), the Falcons vs the Eagles (11-7) and Washington vs the Rams (11-7).
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
We will keep up with the standings starting next week.
Tune in next week to see the results and help us make fun of the losers who get their picks wrong. Let us know whose picks you hate or love in the comments below!