It is that time of week again! Well, sort of. That rare Wednesday night game really threw off some schedules. We here at Broadway are not going to cry about it, unlike a certain Steelers tight end. We’re just going to show up and do our jobs with the understanding that things are a bit strange this year.
We gathered up the picks again this week and started the teasing as we have a new leader in the clubhouse. More on our Broadway Pick Em standings later. First, lets take a closer look at the Week 13 picks…
The unanimous decisions this week for the group:
- Miami over Cincinnati
- Seattle over the New York Football Giants
- Packers over the Eagles
- Chiefs over the Broncos
- And the Ravens rebounding on a short week over the Cowboys
No single-contributor outliers in our against-the-grain picks for Week 13, but there are still a few oddities to note:
- Justin G once again is going against multiple grains on this list but joins Kristopher picking the Browns over the Titans
- JG and Michael G are going with the toothless Jaguars over the Vikings
- JG once again is joined by James Esparrrrrza in taking the Jets over the Raaaaiiiidddeeeerrrs (the Jets have to win a game at some point over the next decade, why not now, and Josh Jacobs is out…)
- Justin M, Zach L and myself are hoping to steal a win by taking the Washington Team over the Pittsburgh Crybaby Frauds (no personal emotion went into this article)
After weeks of no official coin flips, the group was able to produce two this time around. The contributors were evenly split on the New Orleans Saints @ the Atlanta Falcons and the New England Patriots @ the L.A. Chargers.
Find all the picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Here’s the current standings:
As I teased above, the Flex‘s very own Robert Greenlaw is now in first place by one game. He’s doing so much better at picking games than he is at sit-start picks (I am so proud of him). Josh’s run at the top may be disrupted, but this is far from over as three games are all that separate first from sixth. It is still anyone’s pool to win… at the top anyway.
It was a banner week for the group as 14 members hit double-digit correct picks. The contributor of the week is James Esparrrrrrza with 13. I’ve given James a tough go some of these weeks based on his picks, but karma might be real, as he is kicking my ass both in weekly totals and in the standings. I am done making fun of your methods for this week, James!
JG, the CEO, Ben, Michael G and myself are all in striking distance of last place. It will be a shootout of ineptitude to see who can claim the bottom of the barrel prize. Anything is possible with five weeks to go.
Let us know who’s picks you hate or love in the comment below!