Week 5 is here. We had the pleasure of experiencing our first COVID-forced move, and birthday parties have been ruined. We carry on to this week’s picks, trying to live in this new world.
Overall, the Broadway Bros had a great week, and a lot of people looked smart with everyone hitting double digit wins. Let’s see who can sustain that pace this week…
Another scoring update: If a game is moved due to COVID and not played that week (like Titans-Steelers, unlike Chiefs-Patriots), that game will simply not count and we will re-pick when the game is re-scheduled.
Lebowski was warned that picking COVID as the winner will not count for a winning point… and he picked COVID anyway.
Unanimous decisions for Week 5 include:
- Kansas City Chiefs over the Las Vegas Raiders
- Seattle Seahawks over the Minnesota Vikings
- Dallas Cowboys over the New York Football Giants
- Pittsburgh Steelers over the Philadelphia Eagles
There are more against-the-grain picks than normal as people are trying to find ways to move up the leaderboard.
- Zach “perfect week” Lyons (go watch The Flex this week if you don’t get that reference) is taking the Fat Bears over the Buccaneers, and the Washington Blanks over the L.A. Rams.
- Yours truly — for some reason — is taking the Jets over the Cardinals (I have no explanation for you. Maybe Joe Flacco is elite?)
- Michael Gilliam is rolling with the Bengals over the Ravens (ask James how that worked out for him last week. But Lamar Jackson hasn’t practiced as of this writing so maybe he’s on to something).
- And Jimmy Morris and I are feeling fishy in the Dolphins vs 49ers matchup
No true coin flips this week, but we got close with Colts @ Browns (10-8, Colts) and Panthers @ Falcons (10-8, Falcons).
Find all the other picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Have some fun and follow along all season with the 2020 Broadway Contributor Pick’Em!
Here’s the current standings:
|Broadway Bro||2020 Wins|
Josh Hong and Kristopher Martel were the pickers of the week finishing 12-3 last week. We had four contributors right on their heels at 11-4.
It’s still anybody’s pick’em to win at this point in the season. Josh and Davey are pulling away from the jumbled up middle-of-the-pack that sees 13 places separated by 3 games. The Mikes and the Broadway CEO are still in the basement after a quarter of the year.
More to come next week!
Who are you picking this week? Let us know in the comments below, or head over to the forums to leave your own Week 4 picks!