Week in and week out, the picks just keep on coming. The contenders are beginning to separate themselves from the pretenders of the league. Is a similar trend occurring amongst the Broadway experts? Let’s find out…
We saw some contributors take a bit of a step back in the results from last week. There were 12 of us to hit the double-digit mark in Week 4 but only three in Week 5. Of course, the bye weeks for Green Bay and Detroit with the additional canceled Patriots-Broncos game could have skewed the numbers.
Looking ahead, we have four unanimous decisions for Week 6:
- The Kansas City Chiefs over the reeling Buffalo Bills
- The undefeated against all the odds (sort of) Tennessee Titans over the Houston Texans
- The Miami Dolphins over the wheeling and dealing New York Jets
- The New England Patriots over the Denver Broncos
There was really only one pick this week that would qualify as an “against the grain” pick. I will include a few other decisions that were semi-outliers so Zach Lyons doesn’t feel all alone.
- Zach had two rogue games last week and won one (Bears over Bucs). This week, he is the lone Philly fan in the group, picking the Eagles over the vaunted Baltimore Ravens.
- Justin Graver, Jimmy Morris, Josh Hong and Bill Ott are in the minority picking Tampa over Green in the battle of the Bays.
- Jimmy, Bill, Justin Melo, James Esparzzzzza are taking the 49ers over the Rams.
- James, Johnathan Boren, Michael Gilliam, and Davey Shepherd are confident in the Bengals over the Colts
- James and Bill share an apparent affinity for the Niners, picking them to beat the Rams.
And that’s it….
No true coin flips again this week, but we got close with Browns @ Steelers (10-8, Steelers) / Arizona @ Dallas (10-8, Arizona) and Washington @ New York Giants (10-8, Washington).
Find all the other picks listed below (or click here to view in a new (larger) window). Please roast our contributor performances from last week in the comments, and let us know why you disagree with us this week.
Have some fun and follow along all season with the 2020 Broadway Contributor Pick’Em!
Here’s the current standings:
James, Zach, Robert Greenlaw, and Wes Wisley were the top pickers of Week 5, finishing with 10 correct picks a piece.
Gilliam is starting to fall behind even the worst players; with only seven picks right last week, he is now in dead last. He wasn’t alone in the seven-win department, sharing that honor with Andy Simmons and Ben Wright. The top spots did not change much this week, but James, Robert and Zach were all able to gain a game on Davey and Josh Hong. The middle of the pack (me included) needs to get it together to keep this thing competitive.
More to come next week!
Who are you picking this week? Let us know in the comments below, or head over to the forums to leave your own Week 4 picks!