It’s finally here! Nashville SC kicks off their 2021 MLS season tonight, taking on former USL rivals FC Cincinnati. Ahead of the season, Speedway Soccer made their predictions for Nashville’s season.
Who will finish as Nashville’s top scorer?
- Ben Wright – Daniel Ríos
- Davey Shepherd – Hany Mukhtar
- Jonathan Slape – Jhonder Cádiz
- Andy Simmons – Jhonder Cádiz
- Lucas Panzica – Hany Mukhtar
Who will lead Nashville in assists?
Who will be Nashville’s 2021 MVP?
Will Nashville make the playoffs in 2021?
Where will Nashville finish in the table?
Biggest strength heading into the season
- Ben – Defense
- Davey – Also defense
- Slape – Ditto
- Andy – DE-FENSE!
- Lucas – Yeah, the entire defensive core is rock solid
Biggest weakness heading into the season
- Ben – Lack of central midfield depth, especially with international duty
- Davey – Midfield depth
- Slape – Also midfield depth
- Andy – Lack of a proven goalscorer outside of CJ Sapong
- Lucas – Depth on the wings
- Ben – Nashville finishes with the best defense in MLS and a top five goal difference
- Davey – Nashville finishes high enough in the table to earn a home playoff match
- Slape – Randall Leal finishes the year with 15 combined goals and assists
- Andy – Provided he stays healthy, Hany Mukhtar is top three in the MLS assist chart
- Lucas – Rodrigo Piñeiro is consistently in the starting XI by the midway point of the season
Fan-voted starting XI
Right to left: Joe Willis; Alistair Johnston, Walker Zimmerman, Dave Romney, Dan Lovitz; Dax McCarty, Aníbal Godoy; Alex Muyl, Hany Mukhtar, Randall Leal; Jhonder Cádiz