The Titans went to Mile High and came home victorious. Next, they play host to a bitter division rival, the Jacksonville Jaguars.
We have a jam-packed pod today, first covering the big news in Nashville regarding Nissan Stadium and some injury notes before diving fully into previewing the matchup with Jacksonville.
First, we were joined by Jaguars beat writer John Shipley, who covers Jacksonville for Sports Illustrated’s JaguarReport and discussed with us:
- The good and bad of Gardner Minshew’s 19/20 performance in Week 1
- Biggest differences between offensive coordinators Jay Gruden and John DeFilippo
- Names to watch on Jacksonville’s defense after unloading veteran talent this offseason
- The NFL debuts of C.J. Henderson, Lavishka Shenault, and James Robinson
- How the Jaguars were able to pull off the upset over Indianapolis, and is it possible they do the same to Tennessee?
Then, former head coach of both the Titans and the Jaguars, Mike Mularkey and his podcasting partner Bill Peterson (be sure to check out the Inside Pro Football Podcast when you’re finished with our show) joined us to talk about:
- The challenges of playing on a short week after a late Monday night game on the road
- How this week of practice and preparation might look against a familiar opponent
- What it’s like for Coach to watch two of his former teams go at it
- The importance of winning the turnover battle and the ways he emphasized that importance as a head coach
Hosted by Justin Melo and Justin Graver. Listen here:
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show: