I think everyone can agree that Jon Robinson is not only the best Tennessee Titans general manager, but he is also a Top 10 general manager in the league.
He came in without the ability to select his head coach and was able to turn a much maligned franchise into a Super Bowl contender and AFC South force in a very short amount of time.
Part of that process was his ability to draft, although it did get off to a rocky start in 2016. In the end the Tennessee Titans still have 58.8% of the players on the roster that were drafted by Robinson. For comparison the New England Patriots, where Robinson hails from, are at 57.1% since 2016.
So what are these players up to? Let’s take a look.
2016 – 2 of 10 on the Titans
- Jack Conklin: The Cleveland Browns paid Jack Conklin $20 million for the 2020 season. He’s played 207 snaps in 3 of 4 games for the Browns. He’s allowed 1 sack, 1 QB hit, 2 hurries.
- Kevin Dodd: Floating in the abyss.
- Austin Johnson: Playing his first season for the New York Giants. Had his best game versus the L.A. Rams in week four where he tallied 1 sack and 1 forced fumble.
- Derrick Henry: On his second contract with the Tennessee Titans. 2019 NFL Leading Rusher. Before the COVID-19 mishap, Derrick Henry was 2nd in the NFL in rush yards. Currently he is fourth in the league despite having played one fewer game than most backs.
- Kevin Byard: Still playing for the Tennessee Titans. Currently on his second contract with the team. Allowing a 79.4 passer rating on throws into his coverage. Has one Pro Bowl and one first team All-Pro selection.
- Tajae Sharpe: Currently in his first season playing for the Minnesota Vikings. He has played 7% of offensive snaps. He has 1 target for 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs. In terms of snap count % he sits at 5th among the Vikings WRs behind such studs as Bisi Johnson and Chad Beebe.
- LeShaun Sims: In his first season for the Cincinnati Bengals. He has played in two games and has 1 interception, and 1 pass break up. He’s allowed 10 of 13 targets for 124 yards and 1 TD in those two games.
- Sebastian Tretola: Probably in Minnesota being Tajae Sharpe’s bodyguard.
- Aaron Wallace: Last seen on the Denver Broncos practice squad. He was released in 2019.
- Kalan Reed: Last seen on the Seattle Seahawks. He suffered a career threatening neck injury and became a free agent on March 18, 2020. Nothing but love for Kalan Reed.
2017 – 4 of 9 on the Titans
- Corey Davis: His 5th year option was not picked up, and so he is playing his last season of his rookie contract. He started out red hot in 2020 catching 15 of his 19 targets for 206 yards and gas 1 TD. He is averaging 10.8 yards per target.
- Adoree Jackson: 5th year option was picked up this offseason. Currently has yet to see the field in a regular season game due to an injury before the season opener.
- Taywan Taylor: Since being traded to the Cleveland Browns in 2019, he played 3 games and got 1 target for 0 catches, 0 yards, 0 TDs. He is currently on the practice squad in Cleveland.
- Jonnu Smith: Playing for the Tennessee Titans on the last year of his rookie contract. Jonnu spent all off season training with Ryan Tannehill in Florida. He has caught 13 of 20 targets for 181 yards and 3 TDs.
- Jayon Brown: Much like Jonnu, Brown is on the last year of his rookie contract. He started 14 of 16 games last year, and all 3 games this year so far. He currently has 16 defensive stops.
- Corey Levin: Last seen on the Patriots practice squad, but was released two days after he signed.
- Josh Carraway: Currently a free agent. Was last on the Rams in 2019.
- Brad Seaton: Opted out of the 2020 season, currently with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Khalfani Muhammad: He was waived by the Denver Broncos July 27, 2020.
2018 – 3 of 4 on the Titans
- Rashaan Evans: Starting ILB for the Tennessee Titans. He has 5 stops and 1 fumble recovery. Currently having his best overall season as a defender according to Pro Football Focus.
- Harold Landry: In his third season with the team. Has played 95.48% of defensive snaps. Has 10 pressures, 0 sacks, and 1 interception. He’s also allowed just 1 catch on 3 targets for -2 yards.
- Dane Cruikshank: Dane is still on the Tennessee Titans, but he was placed on Injured Reserve September 6, 2020.
- Luke Falk: After being cut by the Titans, Luke Falk went to the New York Jets in 2019. He started two games for them. He went 47 of 73 for 416 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs. He is currently a free agent who last had a tryout with the San Francisco 49ers on August 13, 2020.
2019 – 5 of 6 on the Titans
- Jeffery Simmons: Currently having a fantastic year. He is also on the COVID-19 list. Before getting MABIN-19, Simmons amassed 10 pressures, 1 sack, and 7 stops. He’s the 3rd highest graded interior defender, according to PFF.
- A.J. Brown: Rough start to the season for the rightful 2019 Offensive Rookie of the Year. He has only played in one game before struggling with an inner bone bruise. So far he has caught 5 of 8 targets for 39 yards and 0 TDs.
- Nate Davis: The second year right guard has allowed 3 total pressures: 2 QB hits and 1 hurry. He has yet to allow a sack. He allowed 8 sacks in 12 starts last year.
- Amani Hooker: Hooker leads the team in special teams snaps, while also playing 47 of 199 defensive snaps. He has 1 interception and 2 pass breakups.
- D’Andre Walker: D’Andre Walker was waived from the Titans, even though they were thin at OLB. Walker was claimed by the Seattle Seahawks a day after being cut, but he was waived on September 29, 2020 and is currently a NFL free agent.
- David Long: After playing like a man possessed at the end of last season, David Long has only played 10 (!!) defensive snaps. He has played 36 special teams snaps though.
2020 – 6 of 7 on the Titans
- Isaiah Wilson: The Tennessee Panda has had a rough offseason. He is currently on the COVID-19 list where he has been on it for about a month now. The Titans are hoping to have him back at practice this week.
- Kristian Fulton: The rookie out of LSU has allowed 4 catches on 5 targets for 56 yards. He has yet to allow a touchdown and has one interception and one sack. 46.2% of his playtime is in the slot.
- Darrynton Evans: Evans is beloved around these parts, and I am very much looking forward to seeing how he can contribute the rest of the season. He has only been available for one game, but look for the rookie to get more involved.
- Larrell Murchison: Big Murch has played 30 snaps so far for the Titans. He has yet to make an impact on the field, but that could change this week. Whether that is a good impact or bad impact has yet to be seen.
- Cole McDonald: Sadly, C-Money is no longer with the Tennessee Titans. He was cut in favor of a scrub named Trevor Siemian and I will forever besmirch Siemian’s name because of such. McDonald is currently a free agent, and was last seen trying out for the Carolina Panthers on August 23, 2020.
- Chris Jackson: The 7th round pick got the surprise start in the season opener. He played 73 defensive snaps in two games so far this season. The Marshall Thundering Herd grad has allowed 8 catches on 12 targets for 81 yards and a touchdown in coverage.
Comments? Criticisms? Trevor Siemian slander? Leave all of those things below in our comment section!